Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Walking on Clouds!

We are all walking on clouds today - Marquel passed her TAKS (achievement) tests!

I stopped at the school to drop off some paperwork and Marquel's teacher stuck her head in the door. "Did you talk to Marquel? She has some really good news." Miss Young was beaming.

I had seen Marquel going into the lunch room, so I found her and told her I heard she had some good news. Marquel is a little timid with us around her friends, as if she is not quite sure what they will think of us. She sat hunched down in her seat as if trying not to be seen.

"I am so proud of you!" I told her. At this she straightened up and her classmates all told me that they had also passed their tests. This brought a broad smile to Marquel's face, as if realizing that it was really OK for me to be there, that her classmates were not going to be judgemental.

A huge thank you to Miss Young, and to Teresa and Margaret for their help in tutoring, and for all those who kept Marquel in their thoughts and prayers.

With Charlie being the smartest in his Kindergarten class and Annie who gets 100's on her report card, this is a big confidence booster for Marquel, and a badly needed one.

Thank you all!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment