Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I recently started a new job at the local elementary school in their after-school program. The kids are fun and I enjoy them. There is one little boy who reminds me a lot of Charlie. He is a little louder and more energetic than some of the other kids. He tries hard but he is frequently in trouble for not listening. At times I wonder about his home life.


Yesterday I told him I was really proud of him for behaving so well. He proudly told me that his teacher gave him a smiley face. I told him that was great and that his mom would be really happy. After a few seconds he looked up and said, "Miss Stephanie - I love you".


This morning I watched the sky turn bright pink as the sun rose. It made me think of all the things we are thankful for:


Four kids sleeping soundly in their beds, looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at Miss Teresa's house


Their Father who loves them so much


Friends who are so generous with time, attention, love and gifts for the kids


Family who is supportive and loving


I set out to write a little note of thanks on this day before Thanksgiving, and I realize as I write that the common thread is the love that family, friends, acquaintances and sometimes complete strangers show to us and our kids.


Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!

Marquel, Annie, Charlie, Chip, Turk


and from Randy and I as well!




2 comments:

  1. Wishing ALL of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know your day with Theresa was a very special one. The kids love her so. We have so much to be thankful for. Our health, our faith, and our family and friends. The "kids" are very dear to me and I hold them in my heart. They are constantly in my prayers, too, as well as you and Randy. We are looking forward to you coming for Christmas and spending Christmas with us. It will be another wonderful Christmas together! Sending you my love, prayers, and support!
    Love to you all.....Debba

    ReplyDelete